Love and lust — what’s the difference? While on one hand the difference between the two may seem obvious, the reality is it’s actually not always so clear cut. It can be a fine line between feelings of adoration and ones of sexual lust, especially sincesex can be a totally normal component of a relationship rooted in love.
You are watching: My boyfriend wants to sleep inside me
According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, lust is defined as “unusually intense or unbridled sexual desire” as well as “an intense longing.” While those things can be a part of love, love tends to be more personal and emotional than that. Love is about devotion and adoration, rather than just a sexual desire. To put it simply: love is about more than just sex.
Now, let’s tie this in to how it may relate to you and your relationships. If you’ve ever been with a guy, whether ina committed relationship or just as a hookup, you know that love and lust certainly come into play. While we recognize that not all men are the same, and that there are many different factors that can affect a relationship, there are some generalizations that we can make.
Ever thought about the differences between love and lust? Sometimes we have carnal desires, other times, we yearn for an emotional connection. But, what the hell does it all mean to men? We may have a pretty good idea. From “she”s the one” to a casual romp in the bed, here are the 24 examples of differences between the woman hejust lusts forand the woman he loves.
1.LUSTis his late night booty callIf he wants to get lucky after a night out with his friends, he has someone to booty call.
2.LOVE he”ll make sacrifices forThat means ditching the guys to spend time with his missis and doing things (i.e. shopping) that he wouldn”t normally want to do. Because, well, he loves her.
3.LUST means the womancan do whatever she wantsIn a no strings attached kinda thing, he doesn”t need to worry about how she”s doing or what”s she”s up to. They may not talk for one week, one month – it”s whatever-whenever.
4. LOVE means she makeshim get worriedThe more he falls for her the more he wants to protect her. If she doesn”t call or isn”t responding to his texts, no doubt, he”ll show concern. And jealousy? Don”t even.
5.LUST means”just for fun”“Never say no” is the motto.Ifhe”soffered sex, he”ll take it. Trust us, we know what we”re talking about (it”s in Murphy”s Law On Sex).
6. LOVES means she”s specialHe always has a big cheesy grin on his face when he introduces her to new people and he”ll make sure they all know her name. Why? Because he wants them to appreciate her as much as he does.
7.LUST means casual sexForhim this can be GREAT. Especially if he”s busy with studying or his career. No emotions, no money, and ZERO investment. Not a bad deal, eh?
8.LOVE meanssurprisesWhen a guy”s in love he likes to shower her with gifts. And not because women love material things (OK, just a little bit). But because he wants to see her happy! Nothing is more gratifying than making your girl smile.
9. LUST means being shown her way outAfter sex, there”s no other reason for her to stick around. Cuddling? After-sex chat? No way.
10. LOVES meaning leaving her things at his placeHis home is her home away from home. Her tooth brush and spare clothes always have a place at his. And if she”s really lucky, he”ll even do her laundry. Yup!
11.LUST means she isn”t treatedFor guys,casual sex is casual sex — nothing more and nothing less.
12.LOVE means sheteaches him how she wants to be treatedMen screw up. Yes. Not by cheating standards (there is zero tolerance for that of course), mainly just in small ways that piss us off and make us feel less worthy than we really are.
But the thing is, men depend on women to show them how they want to be loved. And if he really loves you he WILL do anything to live up to your standards. Even if it takes some time,it”s a learning process and he respects you for that.
His girl knows what she”s worth and she”s not wasting any time on men who keep her guessing or who treats her like crap. She knows her value and he LOVES her for that.
17.LUST meansshe only gets one thingIt”s a mutual agreement (at least HE thinks it is). If she wants to have sex he has no problem fulfilling her needs – vice versa. It”s that simple and she ain”t getting nothin” else.
18. LOVE means she drives him crazy (in a BIG way)This guy is so high on love that when they”re together he can”t keep his hands off her. Hugs, kisses, PDA? He. Wants. It. All.
19.LUST is temporaryIn time, he”ll lose interest and find a new f*ck buddy. That”s just the way it goes. It”s all aboutphysical gratification not emotional mumbo-jumbo.
20. LOVE is his futureHe can”t imagine life without her. Wherever she is, is home.
21. LUST stays on the surfaceThe conversations he has with the woman he sleeps with aren”t very deep. It”s just about sex, after all.
22. LOVE goes deepHe asks questions and wants to know all about her, even the stuff that some may find boring.
23. LUST means she only exists in one of his worldsShe hasn”t met all of his friends, and certainly not his family. He keeps her in only one area of his life.
24.LOVE means sheknows his family and friendsHe wants everyone to meet her, and he wants her to be a partof every aspect of his life.